Tuesday, March 5, 2013

St. Patricks

St. Patrick's Day is one of those holiday's that can be hard to decorate for. I love having my house look "homey" by decorating for holidays but I'm also pretty cheap and have a hard time buying decorations that are usually over priced until after the holiday (which is a good way to stock up for next year) but until I get the stockpile I want I rely on DIY! Most of my decorations for all holidays are made by me actually. 2x4's are my best friend, and now that I have cricut mini it's even easier to decorate with them. So here is how I doll up my house for St. Patty's!
 
 


I made all of these decorations with 2x4's except the stack of 3 is 2x2's. My dad always has scraps at his shop so I just "borrow" them from him. All you have to do is add a little paint, distress them a bit, and glue on some letters. I made the CLOVER and LUCK blocks before I had a cricut, so I just used rubber cement to glue on the paper letters and then covered them with a coat of clear spray paint. For the words on the 2x2's I used white vinyl and it was easier.
I made this wreath after seeing a similiar tutorial for a birthday wreath on Pinterest. I used foam tubing from Home Depot, two colors of tissue paper from the dollar store, some hot glue, and shiny clear spray paint. I found the shamrock in the middle at shopko for 60% off!
 


this subway art printable can be found at eighteen25
 
and this Kiss Me print can be found at The Tom Kat Studio
 Next week I'll have some of my Easter decor up since it's right around the corner!
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment